Alamotero Surveyors – Alamogordo, NM
You are an experienced field crew chief who takes pride in attention to detail, clean and professional work from start to finish. You would enjoy performing both title and industrial survey work, as it allows you a change and keeps your skills sharp. You like taking charge and being a leader of a team and setting the organizational tone and tenor towards operating efficiently, having fun and seeing your authorship on the resulting success. When not working, you would enjoy smaller city life with the choice of recreation in the wooded National Forests, playing golf in the mountains or desert floor, skiing in the winter, all with the convenience of larger cities nearby. You do not mind being the lone wolf on jobs as we grow our business and pack.
Our company is a start-up firm with a rapidly growing book of business run by a family office who enjoys playing in the real estate arena. All of the records for the vast majority of any survey or elevation certificate for our surrounding area along with the office and survey equipment came with the purchase; including inheriting the good name and reputation of a pair of respected surveyors. We are successful business owners/operators in Southern New Mexico and have recently expanded into real estate investments, development and property management. Currently we have two top Professional Surveyors and we have taken our market by storm. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a competent Party Chief to add to the team that brings either an experienced eye or an excitement for being mentored from our accoladed Professional Surveyors.
Our company offers a life style/family friendly location in south central New Mexico, professional team-structured organization, people focused, non-political/non-union environment, innovation and a forum for the right person’s professional vision to become reality.
Skills and Education
- Has at least five years’ experience in surveying field work.
- Demonstrable and applicable mastery of current and future survey methods
- High school diploma required, a two or four year degree in applied sciences preferred
- Experience with GPS/RTK hardware & software
- Knowledge of field to finish workflows
- Clean driving record
- Enthusiasm to explore cell tower/industrial as-built survey work
- Construction staking experience is preferred
- Auto CAD experience is beneficial
- Must be proficient in Trimble
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology
- Work as an individual (when requested) to complete assigned tasks in an accurate and efficient manner
- Perform field reconnaissance of evidence and make appropriate decisions on how to proceed with the survey
- Boundary, Improvement & ALTA/NSPS Land Tile Surveys
- Proficient operation of GPS, total stations, and levels
- Professional communication with property owners and clients
- Collaborative work approach
- Civil 3D experience a plus
- Work safely
- Make necessary calculations and maintain adequate records of work performed, including photographs
- Download field collected data
- Insure equipment and vehicle are maintained properly
- Maintain inventory of all assigned equipment
- Communicate with entire survey team, including project managers, to maximize efficiency
- Communicate with clients in a professional manner
- Determine most efficient means to complete assignments using the tools available
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $21-23/hr commensurate upon experience
Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Avidity Executive Placement has been exclusively contracted with a dynamic organization which has an immediate need for a PLS (Professional Land Surveyor) with New Mexico licensure.
- Must be a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (or minimum education and requirements to obtain NM licensure).
- Additional licensure a plus.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- PMP certification or equivalent experience.
- Experienced PLS or recent graduates will be considered.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
Why choose us:
Join the team of a dynamic organization which values it’s people.
We celebrate forward thinking individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Market competitive salary (commensurate with experience), relocation assistance and benefits.
11 years in business.
Recently renovated office in downtown Ft. Worth.
Position open due to expansion of our PLS team.
Licensure reimbursement for additional licenses obtained.
Be a part of a winning team which continues to grow and expand its marketshare.
To explore this opportunity and find out more please contact and/or send resume to Kristen Fegley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-757-7377.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Immediate Job Opening for Flatirons Surveying, Inc.
Title: Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Details: Employment Type – Full Time
We are a well-established employee-owned Colorado Land Surveying and Engineering company with our main office in Boulder, and satellite offices in Longmont and Denver. We provide professional land surveying services throughout Colorado and many western states. We are currently seeking a responsible charge Licensed Professional Land Surveyor with licensure in Wyoming and/or New Mexico for a position in our Boulder office. Licensure in additional states is a plus.
The qualified candidate shall be available full-time, and have a minimum of 5 years of land surveying licensure, with specific boundary and construction experience, and functional knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have a working knowledge of GPS equipment and coordinate transformations / projections.
Individual must have the ability to supervise personnel, work with a project team, demonstrate self-motivation, the ability to communicate clearly, and manage projects.
This position has the potential for professional growth and personal advancement within the firm. Pay level and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We require that all employees be prompt, reliable, detail oriented, have good work ethics, have a positive attitude, work well with others and have good communication skills.
Our full-time employee benefits include: a work environment with room for advancement, the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology, a company sponsored Retirement Plan, company subsidized medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, and company paid life and accident insurance.
Wage Range: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Until filled.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com
You will only be contacted if we are interested in setting up an interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time