Current Job Opportunities
The Forest Service is looking for a PS in New Mexico. Click the link for more information!
Senior Survey Project Manager
Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career? At CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer a(n):
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions; Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and Sustainable Solutions
CobbFendley is seeking an experienced Senior Survey Project Manager in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office.
The successful candidate’s most important qualifications include the following.
- Ten (10+) years of relevant experience in Surveying required.
- Professional Land Surveyor certification required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree preferred.
- Management experience leading a Survey Crew is preferred.
- The more successful candidate will be proficient user of Autodesk Civil 3d, Carlson Survey, MicroStation and GeoPak, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong operation skills to effectively manage a project team, manage schedules, and monitor project budgets.
- Proven business development, team building, and operational skills.
- Project delivery, technical experience, and industry relationships is a plus.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Supervise projects, survey technicians, and field crews required to complete survey projects.
- Participate in weekly meetings for marketing, operations, resources, etc.
- Assist in developing procedures, systems, and methods for project delivery.
- Assist Marketing with proposal preparation and interview presentations.
- Identify and solicit project opportunities with current and new clients, as well as in-house groups.
- Perform independent research and delegate changing priorities.
- Work with minimal supervision and deliver accurate work product that is error free.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
If and when the duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be required.
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM MT.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pre-Employment Screenings. All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
- Work Authorization + Sponsorship. Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
- External Recruiting Agencies. CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley’s acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.